What is the difference between USA, Chinese and Japanese releases?
Sometimes we can offer a product with both a domestic and international release. Though the specifics may change, here are some key differences:
- The Japanese release will be sourced from Japan and be just as it is released there
- The Chinese release will be sourced from China and is usually identical to the Japanese release (we note if there are differences) aside from package labeling.
- The USA release will be imported through a distributor and thus may contain translated instructions and will benefit from domestic support should something go wrong with your item
- Chinese releases usually occur around the same time as Japanese releases, but due to additional processing required, they tend to arrive 3-6 weeks later than the Japanese release.
- USA releases typically trail the Japanese release by 1-2 months, however they do not receive firm release dates. Dates provided are estimates only and can vary based on various factors
- ALL releases are available to ship worldwide from our location in the USA
If you care about getting the product as authentic as possible, or as soon as possible, then you'll likely want the Japanese release.
If you want it relatively soon at a middle price-point, the Chinese releases are often the best bet.
However, if price and domestic warranty support are more important and you are willing to wait, you'll benefit from the USA release.
All preorders are charged at the time of payment.
Tokullectibles sometimes offers discounted rates for the first few orders of a new release. The price typically includes shipping as well. Once they are sold, these are no longer available.
Some (typically very hot) items are subject to allocation. This means, though we request a certain amount, we're not always guaranteed to get as many as requested (or any at all). These items are listed as Tentative Preorders.
As more of our requested quantities become confirmed, we will reach out and notify those affected. If we are unable to secure enough to cover some or all orders, we will also reach out. Full refunds will be issued for any preorders unable to be fulfilled.
NOTE: Tentative Preorders should not be considered confirmed preorders unless we contact you to state as much.
Deposit preorders will owe the balance of the Full Payment preorder price at the time of the order (as prices can fluctuate, often increasing) as well as the cost of shipping. You will receive an invoice for the balance due once the items arrive and are ready to be shipped to you.
When ordering, please note the release month listed on the page. For Premium Bandai items, the exact date of release is usually revealed at the beginning of that month.
We regularly add release dates to our Release Calendar
Tokullectibles typically receives items approximately 7-10 days after they release in Japan. As most toku items release on a Saturday, that usually means they will ship to you by the following Thursday or Friday. Please keep in mind that customs and holidays can delay these timelines. Please keep an eye on the Facebook page for updates.
Once you receive an invoice for the balance, Tokullectibles allows for 2 weeks without communication before the item is forfeit. If you need additional time to pay, please reach out as soon as possible.
If your address changes before your preorder ships, please send us a message so that it can be updated and noted. Updating your address on the balance invoice sent will NOT result in the shipping address being changed for the original order.
Tokullectibles orders inventory based on customer demand, and for low-volume items, directly in response to it. Therefore, preorders are generally non-refundable, though some allowances can be made.
Please note that cancellations can lead to current and future preorders being declined at our discretion. Please be aware that for special order items like clothes and many Premium Bandai items, cancellation is not possible. Abandoned preorders forfeit their deposit.
Non-refundable preorders returned to sender are not eligible for refund and may be assessed additional shipping fees.
Very often purchase campaigns apply to in-store purchases and are not always honored on wholesale purchases. That said, if Tokullectibles receives free campaign bonus items with any item, they will be provided to customers on a first-come, first-served basis free of charge.
There may also be instances where items are available to purchase with the campaign item guaranteed. These may be at higher prices due to needing to be purchased at retail.
What is the difference between USA and Japanese releases?The American releases of products are typically exactly the same but tend to be priced lower. What's best for you can vary on your personal tastes.
Some pros include:
- Lower pricing
- English instructions (for some, not all releases)
Some cons include:
- Later release date
- Potentially different packaging (for the box collectors)
- Opened/modified packaging (the shipping box is sometimes opened to include translated instructions. Stickers with domestic support and care instructions can be added to packaging)